5 cups broccoli spears
4 TBLS butter
2 TBLS flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
2 TBLS crumbled blue cheese
1 cup course dry bread crumbs
1. Steam broccoli until just tender.
2. Lightly coat a 8×11 3/4 inch glass baking dish with oil or butter.
3. Lay steamed broccoli out in a single layer.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 TBLS butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until bubbly
5. Add milk and stir constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
6. Add cream cheese and blue cheese and stir until cheeses are melted and sauce is well blended.
7. Pour over broccoli.
8. In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and stir in breadcrumbs.
9. Sprinkle over casserole and bake uncovered until casserole is bubbly and top is golden, about 30 minutes.