I got this recipe from the Thug Kitchen Cookbook whose title I will not type due to some unsavory language. Thug Kitchen cookbooks and blog posts are hilarious, and delicious. They swear a lot, so if you are not bothered by that, then check them out. I personally find them very witty and funny.
2 lbs cauliflower
1/2 cup flour (any kind will do)
1/2 cup water
2 tsp oil
1/2 to 2/3 cup Sriracha or similar style hot sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP lime juice
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp maple syrup
1 cucumber cut into finger-long sticks
1. Turn oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and chop cauliflower in thumb sized florets.
2. Whisk together flour and water in a big bowl until all the lumps are gone. Toss in the cauliflower and mix thoroughly. Spread cauliflower onto baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once half way through.
3. Make the hot sauce by blending everything in a food processor or whisking by hand. Gently heat in a sauce pan. Turn off when hot, but not boiling.
4. Make the peanut sauce by first combining the peanut butter and warm water, then add everything else. Whisk until smooth.
5. When the cauli has cooked for 15 minutes, dump it in a bowl, pour in hot sauce mix, and stir to coat. Pour back onto baking sheet and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve hot or room temperature and dip in peanut sauce.